SkateMap Forum :

It is currently Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:32 am

-

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Changing with the times and buying new computer stuff
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:02 am 
Ultimo arrivato
Ultimo arrivato

With everything advancing in the world of technology, we too have to think in a different way and accept changes. It’s well and good to say I’ll never part with my computer because it has been giving me good service for a long time. That may be true, but you must realize that the world is not stagnating in one place and unless we move forward with it, we will be the eventual losers. The computers we had about five years back have lost their sheen and now we must have new machines that makes it possible to carry out our work much better and faster than we ever could in the past.

A case in point is the new monitors that have replaced the old faithful CRT screens that I myself used for a long time. But it did take up a lot of space and ate up energy like a starved monster while I had to keep paying those huge electricity bills. But it was not that which made me go for an LCD monitor although it was a good excuse. I just couldn’t help falling in love with the sleek slim screen that wasn’t as expensive as I thought it would be. To tell the truth I really preferred the LED monitor because it looked even better and according to experts technically superior as well. But the difference in price was too much and so I settled for the LCD which I’m quite happy with.

It was not however the same when it came to changing computer cases. Not being a fanatic gamer, I couldn’t understand why I had to go for a radical looking case just because my friend wanted me to. She of course is mad about video games and I don’t honestly think she does anything else but look out for new gaming devices that could bring her more enjoyment. Her tastes in computer cases is nothing like mine. She looks for them in computer stores on the street and online and becomes ecstatic when she see those transparent towers that look more like a disco lip up at night.

Thank heavens the motherboard looks the same although it does have more components and ports than it used to in the past. To tell the truth I was not in the least bit interested in how they were made until a friendly computer geek tried to impart his knowledge to a group of us whom he thought was practically useless when it came to computers. Contrary to what I believed, the motherboard is not built on a production line the way cars are. I was surprised to learn that most of the process was carried out by workers who mounted the components on to a printed circuit board by soldering them after which intensive tests were carried out to ensure it passed quality control.

As for the graphics card, if you’re like my friend, you are certainly going to need a card that is powerful enough to support all your gaming needs. But if not, as in my case, the one that’s integrated into my computer is quite enough for my e-mailing, and web surfing although I might need a better graphics card later on If I decide to watch online videos in HD resolutions.

Finally, don’t scrimp on your computer power supply system, but at the same time don’t waste electricity by going for something that exceeds your expectations. Do some research and take time to determine your plans for your computer and what you hope to achieve and make sure you buy a quality product because buying something cheap means you’re putting your whole system at risk.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Changing with the times and buying new computer stuff
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:46 pm 
Ultimo arrivato
Ultimo arrivato

Scattered and revolutionized forms met for the individuals on the basis of the reforms. The dynamics of the best essays are implemented for goal setters. The turn is fit for the skills. The ability is helpful for the mode of the aspects for the feeble and fusible mode for the individuals.

Profile E-mail  

-